What we do
We empower people to shape the future.
- Make horizon scanning part of your organisational culture
- Analyse the trends affecting your future
- Build your own scenarios to explore where multiple trends could lead
- Get creative with futures and design fiction
Find out how working with a certified coach can unleash your potential."Anna has a wonderful capacity to know when to listen and when to keep me focused. She gave the impression that I know the best approach to realise my own growth, and helped me to understand and navigate my own inner world."Michael Ashcroft, Innovation Strategy Manager at National Grid
Browse our work
Young Friends of the Earth Europe
Green Deal Visions Toolkit | Online, Europe
We trained young facilitators in nine countries to lead local workshops to:
- Explore and map values across a community
- Discuss current trends and their implications for the future
- Build shared visions for national Green Deals, and brainstorm action plans.
Trust across borders in our digital futures
Online, Hong Kong & Switzerland
In collaboration with the Institution for Public Sector Transformation at the University of Bern, as part of global policy discussions initiated by the OECD, we ran a workshop inviting citizens to ask, “What is it we could co-create to make trust across borders part of our digital future?”.
Journeys to 2044 | London
First, we worked with 70 YMCA leaders aged 15-65 to develop scenarios for the year 2044, the YMCA's 200th anniversary.
Then we held a workshop supporting 250 participants from seven global regions to journey into seven 2044 scenarios, explore local implications, identify future risks and opportunities, and brainstorm areas for action.
Heinrich Böll Foundation
Strategy Workshop | Online, Hong Kong
We led a two-day strategy workshop to support the Asia office of the Heinrich Böll Foundation to:
Map values across the regional team
Explore global trends and local implications
Identify and prioritise challenges
Develop a strategic vision
Discuss short and long-term goals
Brainstorm ways to engage stakeholders.
UNDP City Experiment Fund
Cross-sector Design Lab | Moldova
We facilitated a three-day Design Lab for six cross-sector teams from cities in Central and Eastern Europe, including:
Identifying the narratives underlying urban problems, such as pollution and neglect of common spaces
Exploring current trends and future possibilities to identify future challenges and opportunities
Developing shared visions
Brainstorming systemic solutions.
Futures for children and youth | Baghdad, Erbil
In partnership with the Economist Intelligence Unit, we facilitated a two-day scenario planning exercise for UNICEF’s Iraq country office, exploring key factors shaping the lives of children and youth in Iraq in 2030.
To prepare, we ran interviews and focus groups with youth groups, schools, camps for internally displaced people, and the Ministries of Education and Labour.
English Schools Foundation
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Workshops | Hong Kong
We ran a series of workshops for primary and secondary school students, supporting them to share - both openly and anonymously - about their experience of school life, with a focus on equality, diversity and inclusion. Topics included:
What works well, what needs to change
What changes would improve their experience, and what the school can do
How the school can empower them as change agents
Springer Nature Innovation Tournament
Culturehack Masterclass | Online, Global
We ran a masterclass for 30 finalists in the Springer Nature Innovation Tournament, supporting them to:
Identify obstacles to innovation in their organisational culture
Understand what lies beneath these obstacles, in terms of structures, viewpoints and fundamental beliefs
Rethink their culture from the foundations and brainstorm ‘culture hacks’ to enable transformation
Why Walk DVRC | Hong Kong
We designed a public engagement exercise for the Hong Kong-based pedestrianisation campaign WalkDVRC and ran a training session for a team of in-house facilitators. The engagement exercise included activities and worksheets for:
Exploring the experience of walking in central Hong Kong
Identifying priorities, such as air quality or socialising
Brainstorming ways beyond current obstacles.
Sustainability Network Conference | Paris
We worked with Forum for the Future to design and facilitate a future-focused conference for the luxury fashion group Kering, headquartered in Paris. The programme included:
Exploring current trends and their implications
A ‘fishbowl’ discussion series to delve into particular areas of change
An immersive exhibition of artefacts from future scenarios for luxury fashion.
International Civil Society Centre
Scanning the Horizon| Hong Kong
We facilitated two workshops for the annual meeting of civil society organisations:
Exploring the future landscape for philanthropy and fundraising with a focus on rising interest from China, drawing on the perspectives of eight personas
Strengthening organisational adaptation to change by identifying structural and cultural obstacles and building empowered narratives.
Signals of Change| Hong Kong
For Swire’s Sustainable Development Workshop, we contributed a session on Signals of Change, including:
Clarifying meaning of ‘signals of change’, as opposed to regular ‘news’
Thinking about the outcomes of particular signals of change, using a ‘futures wheel’
Exploring the implications of signals of change for different businesses across Swire Group
- InsightsWhat we're learning from our workMarch 4, 2021COVID-19 both exposed and exacerbated cruel social divides. Across the world, not only have poor people suffered the greatest impacts, but they are most at risk from the long-term consequences of the pandemic – through loss of income and education due to the hiatus in many industries and an...January 10, 2021Imagine you’re turning your home into a gallery of your life. You walk through the rooms, deciding what to display and what to hide away. You pick up a clay pot your grandmother made: this stays for sure, you murmur – resourcefulness runs through your family’s veins. You leave the shoe rack at...September 26, 2019After 175 years of action to empower the next generation, the World YMCA is looking ahead to the year 2044, when it will celebrate its 200th anniversary, and asking what it should prioritise to support future communities to thrive. Over three months, Flux Compass worked with Forum for the...
Flux Compass Ltd.
CR No. 2520237
14/F Manning House, 38-48 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong